Reports are a great way to share analysis and summarize important information that you have gathered in your Factr streams with a wider audience.
Pro Tip: you’ll make life a lot easier for yourself by tagging or highlighting items that you want to include in your report before you are ready to start composing it so that you can quickly find them when you need them.
Creating the report
- When you are ready to create a report, click on the “…” button and click on the “Reports” option.
- Click the “+ New Report” button on the right hand side.
- Edit title and add optional header image: Adding a header image is easy. Click on “+Add Image” and select and upload the image of your choice. You can opt to scale it by dragging the corners of bounding box around the image you upload. You also can choose to make the image left, center or right-aligned.
- Adding sections: sections are a useful way to create structure in your reports. To add a section, click on the big “+” button and select “Insert section”. When you create sections, a table of contents is automatically generated at the top of the report with a link that jumps to the corresponding section in the report copy.
- Adding paragraphs: you can use the same “+” menu to add paragraphs and horizontal lines.
- Adding items: you will see a list of stream items in the left hand side of the screen. To add one to the report, just click on the “+” button on the right hand side of the item. You can then drag it to the position you want it to be in. If you want to find items that have a particular tag, look for the tag in the “Tags” area in the left hand menu and click it. The list of items will update to show only those with that tag. You can also opt to show highlighted items, items with comments, any tagged item or any item with location metadata in the same way. You can also search for items using the search option above the items.
- Changing the order of report elements: If you want to change position of any of the elements that you have added, you can drag and drop them by hovering over the element and using the drag symbol to drag the element to where you want it to be.
- Disabling item images, sources and descriptions: by default, items will include an image image (if available), a title, a source and a description. The only part of the stream that is required is the title, everything else can be disabled using the option above the editing area of the report.
Configuring email settings
- When you are happy with the content of your report, click the“Email Settings” option above the report editing field.
- Fill out the sender’s name, email address and email subject. These will appear in the email that your audience will receive when you send the email.
- Add email addresses either manually separated by commas. Adding the email address from your lists is as simple as clicking on the “+” button next to its name. You can save the email address in Factr by clicking on the button marked “Save as new list”
- Fill out your mailing address (this is a legal requirement).
Test and Send
- Sending test emails is easy, just choose relevant button and input the email address that you want to receive the test email. You can send as many tests as you want.
- You have the option to save the report to send later. If you opt to this, the report will be available under Reports > Drafts.
- When you are ready to send your report out to your recipients, click the “Send it now” button and it will be sent immediately.
That’s it! We hope you find reports useful. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement at email@example.com.